This course aims to prepare staff for:
- Tour guiding, hosting and escorting tourists, providing tourism and heritage information;
- Development of tourism products related to digital tourism information for multimedia resources;
- Tourism promotion at the public and private sectors.
- Escorting and providing information to tourists in Portugal (National Tour Guides);
- Development of promotional material about Portugal and direct and indirect tourism promotion (tourism promoter);
- At City Councils and Tourism Regions departments;
- Supporting tourists at air, sea and road transportation companies.
50 (day course)
Criteria for Admission
1) Through the National Admission Office to Higher Education, applicants with the 12th grade are subjected to admission exams in one of the subjects determined by the Scientific and Technical Council of the Estoril Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotel Studies:
(Academic Year 2014/2015 | Average of the last candidate placed in the course in the first phase of admission | Day Course – 133,8 out of 200)
- (09) Geography + (13) English or (12) Culture and Arts History + (13) English or (18) Portuguese + (13) English (Academic Year2016/2017)
Admission Mark: 60% average mark of secondary education + 40% admission exam mark
2) Under the Special Admission system, there are specific rules for professional athletes, students from Portuguese-speaking African countries, and military officials.
3) Under the Special Admission system, there are specific rules for candidates who have either completed other higher education degrees or come from foreign higher education institutions.
4) Under the specific admission process for candidates over 23 years old, defined by each higher education institution.