The course aims to contribute to the training of professionals specialized in event management, considering the strategic role that the activity has been assuming in the context of tourism, both as a product as a strategy for differentiation and communication of tourist destinations. Thus, the course offers the possibility for students to specialize and develop skills and knowledge throughout their academic and professional backgrounds, thus contributing to the adaptation of the tourism sector to the increasing competitiveness and dynamism resulting from the rise of its competitiveness factors by increasing the quality of the products and services available.
Tourism is a sector in permanent change in a progressively uncertain world and requires therefore highly trained professionals who can keep up with the external and internal demands of the sector and who are able to foresee and anticipate future changes and act accordingly, in proactive ways. This programme aims at stimulating and deepening a wide range of skills that allow quality professional performances and foster innovation and competitiveness in events’ management. Among these are the following:
- To supervise, plan and assess business strategies and actions implemented in the tourism system.
- To develop institutional relationships in the areas of planning, management of spaces and in tourism operations.
- To define, apply and foster the implementation of strategies that excel the competitiveness of businesses and destinations, following sustainable principles.
- To establish networks among business and institutional agents in order to improve tourism destinations and products and strengthen their competitiveness through staging events.
- To assess the internal and external demands that influence the development of the tourism sector and its businesses and to be able to identify trends.
- To understand and implement prospective strategies that facilitate future decision-making processes.
- To be able to identify and assess resources and to use them soundly in staging events that are appropriate for the tourism destination and in the development of other attractive tourism products.
- To recognise and value consumers and to match the tourism offer to their demands so as to increase their satisfaction.
- To understand the implications of tourism development in the everyday life of host populations and in the organisation of tourism spaces, while simultaneously maintaining the general well-being and the fair and equitable distribution of resources.
- To analyse and induce change in tourism markets and businesses, namely in events’ management, so as to foster innovation and competitiveness.
- To recognise the role of events’ management companies in the sector and to promote and manage their activities.
- To conceive and implement projects integrated within a specific destination or business strategy.
- To operate and commercialise events in an integrated way with the tourism destination and other tourism products.
- To ensure that business actions are ethical and socially responsible.
This programme corresponds to 120 ECTS, with mandatory and optional units. Students who successfully complete the 120 ECTS of the programme are awarded with a Masters Degree diploma, while students who successfully complete the first year of the programme (60 ECTS) are awarded with a postgraduate certificate.
- Thursdays and Fridays | 18h00 to 23h50
- Saturdays | 09h00 to 18h00